Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Monster Hunters #5: "Thief's Gold"


Download Monster Hunters #5



Here is yet another story illustrated by Carlos Vila and this time credit is properly accorded to the Über-prolific Joe Gill, which I missed the first time around. [Sigh...] That's what I get for blogging well into the wee hours of the morning. This time out I'll also be certain to point out that the cover painting is courtesy of the inimitable Tom Sutton.


While I was updating this blog entry with the proper writer's credit assigned, I thought I would also tack on the story that was drawn by then newcomer Mike Zeck, which is called "The Last Monster Hunter!" According to the Grand Comics Database, this story was reprinted in Hot 'N Cold Heroes (A-Plus Comics, 1990 series) #1 .



















4 comments:

Mykal Banta said...

OW: Just great stuff. I liked this title overall, and when the stars aligned like they did for this story, Charlton's stuff was downright epic. Waht a beautiful cover into the bargain. Great post!

meamwayne said...

No need to guess, it’s signed in the lower right hand corner of the splash. It was Gill.

meamwayne said...

No need to guess, it’s signed in the lower right hand corner of the splash. It was Gill.

The Old Warrior said...

Yikes! Am I ever embarrassed! I must be getting near sighted as well as senile in my old age. Thanks for pointing that out to me and the proper credit will be assigned ;-]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...